Dù là trong tiếng Anh thường dùng hay tiếng Anh học thuật, việc dùng đúng loại từ, sắp xếp trật từ từ là điều không hề đơn giản, ngay cả với những người ở trình độ nâng cao. Các bài tập sửa lỗi sai của từ sau đây sẽ giúp các bạn phát hiện được những lỗi sai thông dụng cũng như tìm ra cách dùng từ sao cho đúng trong bài thi TOEFL.
1. Most presidential candidates have their names print on the ballot in the New Hampshire primary election because it is customarily the first one in the nation, and winning it can give them a good chance to be nominated by their parties.
2. In present-day business entrepreneurs are taken fewer risks then their predecessors a century ago.
3. Philosophy, the inquiry into the nature of human knowledge, it is still a very popular subject among university students.
4. Before he starting work on the excavation the archaeologist decided to study the maps in the local museum first.
5. The brothers Grimm intended their fairy tales to be studied by scholars of German literature and not to enjoy as simple stories by children.
6. When an university formulates new regulations, it must relay its decision to the students and faculty.
7. In the spirit of the naturalist writers, that author’s work portrays man’s struggle for surviving.
8. The explanation that our instructor gave us was different than the one yours gave you.
9. Luther Burbank earned the funds to go west by sale his new ideas about growing potatoes.
10. Increasing involvement in agriculture by large corporations has resulted in what is known as agribusiness, that is, agriculture with business techniques, including heavy capitalization, specialization of production, and to control all stages of the operation.
11. Landscape painting was a dominant art forms during much of the nineteenth century.
12. In the ionosphere, gases have been partly ionized for high frequency radiation from the sun and other sources.
13. We know that in 1000 A.D. Leif Eriksson landed on the North American coast, and that him and his Norwegian companions were the first white men to see the New World.
14. Unless one subscribes to a large metropolitan newspaper such as the “Wall Street Journal”, or the “Washington Post”, one will find very few news from abroad.
15. The medical problems of parents and their children tend to be very similar to because of the hereditary nature of many diseases.
16. Hyde Park, the family estate of Franklin D. Roosevelt, sets on top of a bluff overlooking the Hudson River.
17. The contractings of the heart cause the blood to circulate.
18. Almost American Indian culture have been agricultural societies since 2000 B.C.
19. The novels of Kurt Vonnegut present a desperately comic aware of human nature.
20. Because the torrential rains that had devastated the area, the governor sent the National Guard to assist in the clean-up operation.