Dù là trong tiếng Anh thường dùng hay tiếng Anh học thuật, việc dùng đúng loại từ, sắp xếp trật từ từ là điều không hề đơn giản, ngay cả với những người ở trình độ nâng cao. Các bài tập sửa lỗi sai của từ sau đây sẽ giúp các bạn phát hiện được những lỗi sai thông dụng cũng như tìm ra cách dùng từ sao cho đúng trong bài thi TOEFL.
1. The book that you see laying on the table belongs to the teacher.
2. Fireflies product light through a complex chemical reaction that takes place within their abdominal cells.
3. Wind is the motion that occurs when lighter air rises and cools heavier air replaces it.
4. Before creating the telegraph, Samuel Morse made their living as a painter.
5. Not single alphabet has ever perfectly represented the sounds of any of Earth’s natural languages.
6. His secretary called inform us he would be late for the meeting.
7. In the bag not only all her money but also all her keys were, none of which she got back.
8. Heat, left to their own devices, always flows from a given place to another place that is colder.
9. Because of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, the United States begin to realize the true value of the Louisiana territory.
10. It was only after 1815 that a distinctive American literature had begun to appear with writers like Washington Irving and James Fenimore Cooper.
11. Much Civil War battles were fought in Virginia than in other state.
12. Had the committee members considered the alternatives more carefully, they would have realized that the second was better as the first.
13. Suzy had better to change her study habits if she hopes to be admitted to a good university.
14. When Cliff was sick with the flu, his mother made him to eat chicken soup and rest in bed.
15. Friendship, stability, and trusty are frequently mentioned as criteria for a worthwile relationship between people.
16. In England as early as the twelfth century, young boys enjoyed to play football.
17. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was not only a poet and an author but also presided the modern language department at Harvard University for more than eighteen years.
18. Many architects prefer that a dome is used to roof buildings that need to conserve floor space.
19. A huge winter storm has brought the snow to Northern California’s mountain counties.
20. Migraines were usually worse than tension headaches and can be so intense as to cause vomiting and vision problems.