Dù là trong tiếng Anh thường dùng hay tiếng Anh học thuật, việc dùng đúng loại từ, sắp xếp trật từ từ là điều không hề đơn giản, ngay cả với những người ở trình độ nâng cao. Các bài tập sửa lỗi sai của từ sau đây sẽ giúp các bạn phát hiện được những lỗi sai thông dụng cũng như tìm ra cách dùng từ sao cho đúng trong bài thi TOEFL.
1. The president, with his wife and daughter, are returning from a brief vacation at Sun Valley in order to attend a press conference this afternoon.
2. Whereas Earth has one moon, the planet call Mars has two small ones.
3. The famous Jim Thorpe won both the pentathlon or decathlon in the 1912 Olympic Games.
4. Many people don’t know that horses can in fact to swim better than many other animals.
5. The actress was supposed to should attend the film premier but she became ill at the last moment.
6. The Civil War was not only disastrous in terms of loss of human life but in the effects on the agriculture in the South.
7. Computers, who keep constant track of inventories and handle all billing, have become the backbone of the large business firms.
8. Keith is one of the most intelligent boys of the science class.
9. The indiscriminate and continual use of any drug without medical supervision can be danger.
10. The Nobel prize winning candidate, accompanied by his wife his and children, are staying in Sweden until after the presentation.
11. The United States is the world’s largest cheese producer making more than two million tons of cheese annual.
12. Despite of the Taft-Hartley Act which forbids unfair union practices, some unions such as the air traffic controllers have voted to strike even though it might endanger the national security.
13. The prices of homes are as high in urban areas that most young people cannot afford to buy them.
14. The twinkling lights of the firefly are signals so that the male and female of the species can find each to the other.
15. When two products are basically the same as, advertising can influence the public’s choice.
16. Accountants are always busiest on April because both federal and state taxes are due on the fifteenth.
17. Thunder that is audible from distances as far away as ten miles.
18. Advertising it provides most of the income for magazines, newspapers, radio, and television in the United States today.
19. The idea that artistic achievement rank in importance with scientific achievements has been upheld by painters, writers, and musicals for centuries.
20. They said that the man jumped off of the bridge and plunged into the freezing water.