TiengAnhOnline.net xin giới thiệu với các bạn các cụm từ tiếng Anh được sử dụng khi nói về tình yêu
Be seeing anyone / be dating s.o: đang hẹn hò ai đó
- VD : He is dating Mary and at the same time seeing Jane. What a two faced jerk!
To make a play for / to hit on / to try it on: tán tỉnh ai đó
- VD : Some guy hit on me when I was standing at the bar.
Go steady with someone: có mối quan hệ vững vàng với ai đó
- VD : Their relationship has been going for 5 years now. They really go steady with each other.
Be made for each other: có tiền duyên với ai
- VD : Paul and Ann were made for each other.
Beat on SB / fool around / play around: lừa đảo ai
- VD : He wasn’t serious in this relationship. He was just fooling around with her.
Break up /split up: chia tay
- VD : They aren’t with each other anymore. They have already broke up.
Go your own ways: mỗi người một đường
- VD : They are thinking about divorce and going their own ways.
Drop/ ditch s.o: bỏ ai đó
- VD : Did you know that Sarah has ditched her boyfriend?
To let go: để mọi chuyện vào quá khứ
- VD : I think it’s best we let go our argument yesterday and make peach with each other.
Have no strings (attached): không có ràng buộc tình cảm với ai
- VD : They are just together for sexual pleasure. No strings attached.
Be on the lookout: đang tìm đối tượng
- VD : He’s on the lookout for another girl right now. He already split up with his old girlfriend.